Join us and make a difference!
Light the spark of inspiration in students of all ages today, through a gift to our annual fund. Please join the T&W family of supporters. Your tax-deductible gift to the annual fund helps to seed future generations of readers and writers through innovative programs that share the joy of creative expression.
Teachers & Writers Collaborative is a 501c(3) nonprofit organizations. Contributions to T&W are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law. A copy of T&W's annual report to the New York State Charities Bureau may be obtained from Teachers & Writers Collaborative, 540 President Street, 3rd Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11215; or from the Charities Bureau, 120 Broadway, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10271.
More ways to get involved
Start a fundraiser for T&W
Hosting a fundraiser for T&W is a fun and meaningful to get involved. Create your own fundraising page with Network for Good. Have a birthday coming up? Creating a birthday fundraiser is a great way to give back.
Sponsor a school program
We’re looking for sponsors to underwrite the cost of a school or senior center program. Sponsorship can bring a T&W teaching artist residency to a school and center facing budget shortages.
Create a legacy
Remember T&W in your will or living trust. Simply share the following statement with your attorney: "I bequeath $____ or ____% of my estate to Teachers and Writers Collaborative, Inc. 540 President Street, 3rd Fl, Brooklyn, NY 11215." Contact Asari Beale at T&W 212-691-659, if you'd like to further discuss estate planning/bequests.
Join our Board of Directors or volunteer
If you feel passionately about supporting the literary arts and would like to contribute your energy, skills and resources, please reach out to us to discuss opportunities.
Contact us to discuss any of these or explore more options to get involved!
T&W relies on contributions from individuals, foundations, corporations, and government entities to support our creative writing programs at schools and community sites in New York City and the surrounding communities. Contributions also help us to publish and distribute resources for a national and international audience of teachers and writers.
Teachers & Writers Collaborative is supported in part by:
- The National Endowment for the Arts.
- The New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.
- Public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council.
The work of Teachers & Writers Collaborative is also supported by the following:
- Aroha Philanthropies
- Bay and Paul Foundations
- Bydale Foundation
- Cerimon Fund
- Charles Lawrence Keith and Clara Miller Foundation
- H.A. Foundation
- Hyde and Watson Foundation
- Kenneth Koch Literary Estate
- Leonore Gordon PD Arts and Wellness on the Go Fund at Stonewall Community Foundation
- Simon and Eve Colin Foundation
- Wells Fargo
Past supporters of our work include:
- Amazon Literary Partnerships
- Con Edison
- Hans and Ruth Cahnmann Family Fund
- ING Financial Services
- Mary Duke Biddle Foundation
- New York Community Trust
- Rockefeller Brothers Fund
- Solon E. Summerfield Foundation
- William T. Grant Foundation